Sliding and Detachment
VICOTE PEEK-PTFE coatings were developed to improve the performance of mechanical components through the maximum reduction of friction coefficient, both static or dynamic, even if we have corrosive conditions.
These are mainly composed by PTFE, which, besides being an excellent solid lubricant, allows to improve the characteristics of mechanical components with high performances.
The main benefits of those treatments are the following:
- no direct contact between metal and metal
- very low friction coefficient (0.05 to 0.020)
- the coefficient of static friction is lower than the dynamic one
- No stick-slip effect
- protection from corrosion
- reduction of heat and friction noise